Hibbards Pty Ltd ABN 220 578 95 020 (“we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
- Collection of information
Information collected through our website or by our employees or representatives may include personal information about you. For example, personal information may be:
- information provided by you such as name, address, email address, mobile, landline or fax number;
- provided by you through registration or other inquiry prompts on our website at hibbards.com.au such as our ‘Find out more’ prompt;
- provided by you when you inquire about and/or then purchase a home from us;
- provided by you when participating in any program we may operate, for example, the Save2Buy program;
- provided to us by you through any other method (such as correspondence and discussions) with us or that you provide through our website at hibbards.com.au; or
- collected by us through our web server (as set out in sections 3 and 4 below).
The personal information we may collect from you will depend on how you use the facilities offered by us and which of our products or services you use.
You have the option of making inquiries with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. You may contact us by telephone on an anonymous basis, or through our website prompts using a pseudo name, or by typing ‘anonymous’. To make a purchase from us, we will need to identify you and at that point obtain personal information.
Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the website such as your IP address, location, browser type and user name will be recoded when you login to our website. This information may be used to identify you. We will treat this information as personal information.
- Web server recording
If you visit our website to browse or download information, the web server will record information about you, such as which URL you just came from, which URL you go to next, the pages accessed and/or documents downloaded. This information is used to analyse trends and administer and operate our website.
Our website uses temporary cookies to keep a session open after a user logs in. We may use the information we obtain from the cookies in the administration of our website and to improve the usability of our website. Some browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. However this may have a negative impact on the usability of our website.
- Other information
We will have access to and may use other information such as number of users, traffic patterns and demand for the service for the purpose of monitoring server and software performance as well as for our other internal purposes.
When you email us directly or through a prompt on our website such as our ‘Find out more’ or ‘Request a maintenance call’ we will record your email address.
We will store and use your email address only for the purpose for which you provided it and will not add it to a mailing list unless you specifically request this in your email.
- Use of information
The personal information you provide may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents, contractors and affiliates) for the following purposes:
- to conduct address verification or credit checks for invoicing and billing purposes and to enrich your profile and search ability;
- to assist in providing better services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs;
- to provide you with further information about us or products or services offered by us or our related companies or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- to show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests, including keeping you informed about special promotions, events, product launches and other special offers and discounts through various communication channels (unless you advise us otherwise);
- to carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes including direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- to keep our website relevant and of interest to users;
- analysis in aggregate form (identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous); and
- any other purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
- Information sharing and disclosure
In relation to personal information we:
- may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our affiliates (which means any person or other entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us) for the purposes set out in the above section;
- may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our contractor and suppliers to enable them to provide our services to you (including where necessary to provide you with quotes, sales or maintenance services). For example, we may disclose your information to specialist service providers such as financial institutions or program administrators;
- reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, facilitate court proceedings or to protect our rights;
- will disclose personal information where this is a approved term under any agreement you make with us.
- Third party links
10. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisation precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your personal information. However, due to the nature of email and the internet, we cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of your personal information.
- Access or updating your personal information
Under the Privacy Act you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. You may access and update your personal information at any time in the following ways:
(a) by contacting us on 02 6650 3300; or
(b) by writing to:
The Privacy Officer
Hibbards Pty Ltd,
PO Box 1072,
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450.
- Opting in and opting out
- Users outside Australia
The information we collect may be processed in and transferred between your location and Australia. Australia may not have equivalent data protection laws to those in force in your location.
- Linking and advertising
We may include links to third party materials (“linked sites”) on our website as well as advertising. Advertisers or linked sites may ask you to provide information. We do not have control over the privacy policies of linked sites or advertisers. Please contact these third parties direct for details of their privacy policies.
If you have any questions or require feedback about this policy, please contact us.